Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Webmaster?

I found this article from Seventeen's website while browsing Twitter, and I thought it was pretty cool. Thought I'd post it here.





Webmaster

Potential Major(s): Computer Science, Graphic Design, Information Technology, Journalism
What to Do: Be fluent in the following: Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Content Management System (CMS), HTML, JavaScript. You must also acquire a working knowledge of PhotoShop, InDesign, and other Adobe platforms. (Video editing capabilities are huge plus as well.) There are free trials available online and a majority of colleges with these majors should have these programs readily available, so be sure you can practice with them. You can also take on a few pro bono assignments to help out a non-profit or budding entrepeneur—they probably don’t have the budget to hire someone and you can get material for your portfolio, a win-win!
photo credit: Slavenko Vukasovic/istock


Pretty sure I wouldn't be great at this because I'm so bad with computers, but if I was I think it would be really cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment