Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Babies

I never used to like babies or little kids. I hated, HATED working with the toddlers last year. I felt like all they did was cry and fight over stupid things. But I think I've either learned to appreciate them or have come to understand them at least...or maybe both. Today was amazing. Kevin pulled out the slip and slide again...and this time I actually went on it. Uniform and all. And it was a lot more fun than I thought. I held kids' hands, even carried a few, and it was FUN. Just pure fun. I'm really forming a lot of connections with these kids, and it feels great. I even played jump rope...something I hadn't done...in forever. I seriously do not remember the last time I was in the center with two people twirling the rope. I can't even do that single jump rope mumbo jumbo. More news: I applied to Burger King. I'm having Rachel put a good word in for me, and the job means working on my people skills and getting some extra cash. I'm 90% sure I won't be able to buy a car by the end of the summer...it's already July! And I'm not even sure about the written part of my license, much less the whole thing. I'm also thinking about quitting the French Club and finally writing something for submission for the Southern News. And possibly getting more involved with Southern TV. I'm a Journalism major, damn it, and I'm gonna start acting like it and spending some quality time putting some thought and action into my future. If I can't do these things, my future will be murky and gray. And I really don't want that to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment