Saturday, July 16, 2011

Goodbyes

I have been away from the Internet for a couple of days because of a grand sleepover. I love going over Kristin's house because she has these amazing board games that are NOT boring (there was a new one called Funglish...of course I love word games), somehow I eat somewhat healthier there, and we always end up doing something active outside like playing volleyball or walking up the huge hill by her house. Plus, Kristin's cousin, Alex, comes over sometimes to hang out, and he's a cutie! I'm not sure if he'll see me as anything more, but I'm happy with the easy-going relationship we have now, even if my heart quickens whenever I'm around him and I'm extra clumsy. Like today, I'm not very good at Badminton to start out with, but whenever he's near me, I'm just plain bad. Especially with the sun in my face. I managed to laugh it off and enjoyed his teasing nevertheless. And during a board game last night, I kept on thinking about sexual things while he talked, and I had to work hard to control my expressions. I feel bad that when I left I didn't say goodbye, but I was more focused on saying goodbye to Kristin. She's leaving for the Army Reserves Tuesday, and today was her goodbye party. It was quite the success, even though only three of her friends could come, but she had plenty of family and family friends there. Even the Pickles (I know, funny last name), whom she used to babysit for, came to the picnic. I held her for about 30 seconds straight. I'm going to miss her terribly. I almost cried, but I didn't want to be the only one to cry, so I held it in. It's going to be totally different with her gone, not being able to call, e-mail, or meet her at the mall. She keeps on telling me it's not forever, but I bet the emptiness I'll feel when she's gone will feel like forever.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment