Sunday, May 29, 2011

Brownstone Water Park

In my opinion, Portland, my hometown, doesn't have much to offer. Except a few things: mini-golf (regular golf is boring), great ice cream, and BROWNSTONE WATER PARK. It has free days for Portland residents (me!), so my family decided to go for the day. We took a short break to see the parade which was also awesome...but then it was right back to swimming, cliff-diving, slide-going-down, and climbing. And for my little brother, wake-boarding. I've never been wake-boarding before, but it was extra cost (and my mother didn't ask me if I wanted to), so I didn't wanna be a pain. But it was extra fun anyway. I jumped off the big cliff about five times. Luke was really scared at first, but then he swallowed his fear and just jumped! Even the boys he just met cheered. I needed a countdown to finally jump off the ledge, but I did it! I was mostly afraid of not jumping far enough and scrapping my back against the cliff, but that's kind of unrealistic if you think about it. My face got nice and tan (loving it). I have some scratches and bruises from climbing everywhere, and even my right foot was giving me issues, but I'm a fighter and won't let little things like these to let my down. :)

I got this from the website. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment