Sunday, May 15, 2011

Did Mom even miss me?

I come home, and immediately Jared comes through the front door. I feel happy: it's nice to be missed by my little brother. Right behind him is Mom! Were they just waiting for me to come home? I'm ecstatic. I say, "Hi, Jared!" He says hi back in a half-way friendly voice like he's in a half-way decent mood. Mom says something to Jared and I go, "Hi, Mom." She responds with, "Hi" like she's stressed out. She asks my father if we need help with my bags. He goes, "We could use it." And she goes, Sighhh. "Okay, Jared, let's put your stuff down and come back outside." I was half-way offended. I mean, it's like she had a prior commitment and was unhappy she couldn't leave the house before I got home. Dad said to not worry about it, that it was Jared that had made her upset. I was just hurt that she couldn't put that aside to welcome her only daughter home. Like I've said in previous posts, this place? Not my home. It's just a place I once lived that holds my family and the place I crash in during breaks. I told my friend about my mom's behavior, and all she had to say was, "That's really depressing." And it is. You know what? I don't care. It just gives me that much more motivation to get out of here. Wow, it really is sad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment