Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Just Talking

I invited Natalie and Kristin over today so we could hang out and maybe do a little karaoke. I invited Rachel, too, but she was too sleepy/sick to come. Plus, she was the one that was supposed to bring the karaoke game for the Xbox, so we couldn't really do that either. But it ended up being okay because Natalie, Kristin, and I ended up just talking for about 4 hours. Natalie wants to transfer colleges because the people at MCLA are making her unhappy, so we were looking at schools with good arts management programs for her to apply to for the Spring. Kristin is starting basic training for the Army in July, and she'll be there in Missouri all the way to November. That's a long time. So we talked about throwing her a "young adult/college student" going away party, separate from the adults and relatives at the party her parents are throwing. At the end of last summer, Natalie and I took a hike in the woods and found a spot where we could build a bonfire and party it up. We said we would have a get-together there, but it never happened. So I was thinking maybe we could have Kristin's going away party there...but nothing is set in stone.
It was just really nice to catch up with my girls after such a long time not seeing them. I really don't want Natalie to attend school even farther away. And Kristin will be all the way in Missouri with no way to contact us. :( But we still have some time left before we say goodbye.
Things are still rocky with my mom, but I'm trying to work it out. If only we were closer: things would be a lot easier for me. But we can't live in a world of "if only"s.






No comments:

Post a Comment