Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"I can't look at you the same anymore."

I just posted this as my status on Facebook. I hate liars. The one thing I look for in a friend is loyalty, and if you're loyal, that means you don't lie to me. To my face. With someone who knows you're lying and will tell me you're lying...is sitting right next to you! I try not to lie. The only times I lie is when I'm scared, or when I'm feeling pathetic...or if I want to protect myself or someone I love.

Scared: I don't know what the outcome will be, if it will be good or bad, so in the heat of the moment I lie
Pathetic: I know what I should have been doing and I either wasn't doing it or didn't follow through 100%...so I lie
Protecting myself: I feel a threat in the air and lie to protect myself
Protecting someone I love: I get highly offended by what the other party is saying so I lie to make them look better (this is just one example)

It looks like in a lot of these instances I lie because of some threat. The threat of making myself vulnerable, the threat of getting hurt, the threat of having someone I care about getting hurt...

Okay, I admit that sometimes I lie when I am embarrassed, which is kind of the same as feeling pathetic.

Alright, I know exactly what to say now...hopefully it works out. :/

Looks like a novel...maybe I'll read it sometime. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment