Thursday, May 19, 2011

This Week's Project


Right now I think the main thing I should be focusing on is organizing my room so it actually at least looks like it's organized. But that's only this week's project. Overall, meaning the entire summer, I really want to buy a car. A really great opportunity came up: before school starts in the fall, there is a 3-day leadership retreat. It means I would be moving in on the 22nd of August. Today I called Kara over Skype and asked if she can drive me. She said yes, but I feel bad because I live out of the way, so even though I'm paying gas money, it's a big inconvenience. I hate depending on everyone all the time, and it's not only about the rides. I still feel slightly unwelcome in what I used to call my house, but I now call my parent's house. Now I kind of understand where my friend, Caitie, is coming from with living in an apartment. I just worry because most places are more expensive than the school's housing is. Plus, I'll be using more gas by commuting, unless I just live really close to school. Anyway, I want to get a job at Marshalls. It's a really awesome clothing store that I've bought clothes from in the past. The best thing about it is that there is a Marshalls in Hamden near my school and one in Middletown, the next town over from where I live. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to really live in an apartment until at least my senior year of college, so during Winter break and the other times I have off I'll switch branches: that is, if they allow me to do that. I think it would be a really cool experience working at Marshalls, and if I can get a car by the end of the summer, I hope they hire me. If not, I'll have to make other arrangements because obviously I need a stable job to maintain a car. Even during the summer when I have the camp job, I can just work at Marshalls either in the mornings or nights during the week depending on which camp shift I get, and I can work on the weekends, too. If I do that, plus make time to drive over to my friends' houses, I would barely be home. Maybe that will make my mom think twice about not welcoming me into the house. She'll have to deal with not seeing me ever. Watch, though, she'll probably find a way to blame it all on me. I just need some help...as in support, which I'm not getting from my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment