Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sleepover at UNH

After spending a night at the University of New Haven, I'm glad I chose Southern over that school. I mean, it's unlikely I would have chosen UNH anyway because I'd never even heard of the school, much less visited it or even considered applying, until Kristin told me about it last year. But it seems like a good match for her. There's just a lot of random rules/regulations I don't understand. Like how the academic buildings are all locked up on weekends. And the dining hall doesn't open until 10:30 am on Sundays. And you have to pay for lunch. At least the University gives you about $500 in what they call Charger Cash, so I suppose you can make that last for your lunch money. She was like, you don't really need lunch...UMMMM, I'm a hungry girl that likes to eat...I need my 3 squares at least!
Other than that, UNH is a pretty good school...I guess. I mean, it's hard for me to write a lot of good things about it because I'm so loyal to Southern. I told her I can't wait for her to visit my school next year because my school rocks! And I want to show her that. Kristin and I have been great friends for a long time...this is the first time we've hung out in a long time...and we never ran out of things to talk about! Plus, she found my sugar high (I blame her...she's the one who gave me the Sprite) hilarious. I introduced her to Taboo...I couldn't believe she had never played it! And I managed to find two academic buildings actually open for exploring. Plus, we played Frisbee on the quad...kind of embarrassing because I'm not the best catcher (or thrower) in the world, and I felt all the boys staring at me. Even before that, in the dining hall, a few guys were watching me...especially this one guy waiting for his omelet...I just gave him the "what the freak are you looking at, I'm just getting some freaking breakfast!" look. He didn't really react all that much, so I thought maybe it was my imagination and maybe he was just staring...into space? But we definitely made eye contact...but I asked Kristin about it, and she said that boys there just look at everyone randomly. It made me feel self conscience, like I didn't fit in...but it was a different school and only the first time I've been there. So I'm not too worried.
What matters is that I had a fabulous time with Kristin. And I'm beat. It's only 9:20 pm and I'm considering going to bed after I clean a little. I saw Chastity and Jasmine in bed earlier...it was around 7:00 pm! But that's another blog post...(Kristin told me it's healthier to wake up at the same time every day...at 8 am...yeah, right!). Good evening all! :)


Me, Kristin, and our friend Natalie...kind of an old picture. Sad we didn't think to take pictures today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment