Sunday, March 20, 2011

Exercise Science and Marketing



I wasn't going to miss two in a row. I've been spending the day with church folk asking me about college, and from the day I've decided two things. Well, three things, but I don't think despising your brother actually counts (he was more annoying than usual). One: I REALLY want to undergo running outside of exercise science on a regular basis. Last week I was forced to run a mile and a half and walk about 4-5 miles in one day, so I know I can handle it. Plus, I think regular exercise will enable me to increase my standards in my every day life including academics, social, and personal health. Those are just the main ones. I've been wanting to send out a few e-mails since last week, and I haven't "been able to" because of other distractions. I hope the people I was supposed to e-mail aren't too angry. There's always the happy saying: "Tomorrow is a new day."


Two: I'm making it official: I don't think I've informed any of the church folk yet, but I really, really want to make my cognate, or concentration, in marketing. It will help me be able to sell items and see things from a more business point of view. It might be hard work, but I'm willing to go there for my career. At my church potluck today when I said I wanted to work at a magazine someday, my brother just sat there and laughed. First of all, I wasn't even talking to him, and second of all, he wants to work for comic books, which are basically in the same category. Therefore, he has no right to sit there and insult me with his giggles when he's going into something similar when he grows up (if that ever happens).

I really liked this chart. :)

I know this is totally off topic, but as a little side bar: I was browsing Facebook today and I came across the page of no other than Avery. I really wish she makes public her last name so it would sound better, but I don't feel like looking it up. She's an up and coming singer...she's like a female Justin Bieber except she isn't famous yet. On her Facebook page, she fully uses her resources. She's a busy girl, so it's easy for her I suppose to use up all that technology and always have something new to report, some new picture to post, or some new video to add. I'm a tad jealous that my life isn't as glamorous.


She literally has YouTube, Twitter, BandPage, Music Videos, and Discussions right on the bar under Friends, Photos, etc. Alright, so I don't need a BandPage, seeing as I'm not in one, but I could at least have this set up as a link on Facebook. Avery probably has a band of computer geeks who sets this up for her. I wish I had one of them. And I wonder what Discussions is? Okay, I just clicked, and it brought me to a list of "discussions" her fans must have posted. Haha, one of them was, "What's Avery's last name?" Another was "How tall is Avery?" (She's unusually short). I have to find me a computer geek to do all of this for me...

 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment