Saturday, March 26, 2011

Last Day of Spring Break


Yeah, so I have tonight and a little bit of tomorrow (not sure when we're going back to school), and then it's the end. As far as Spring Breaks go, mine was relatively boring, but at least nothing that people would consider bad happened. Like, I wasn't injured, no one I know was injured, and no one's going to undergo surgery any time soon. Just a bunch of relaxing, reading, watching, writing, and thinking. During the actual week, I didn't go anywhere or do anything, but since my weekends were quite busy it kind of balances things out. I took a look at my "JH Plan" which I created a few months back at the end of Winter Break. It kind of upsets me that I haven't met a lot of my own expectations, but that just means I can give myself another chance. Once I'm back in my dorm room, I think things will go better due to my new focus. Because all I have to do is divide all the things I want to accomplish into categories, and make sure each category has the appropriate alloted time. Meaning social time needs to go down and personal time needs to go down. Likewise, spiritual time needs to go up, and health and fitness time needs to go up.
I've just noticed something: every time I need to be thinking about the present (like having to finish my final paper) or past (remembering a harsh memory) I always tend to look at the future. Sure, completing the paper now will allow me to relax tomorrow night and promise a good grade in English 112. But RIGHT NOW I would like to not think about it and it won't take too long anyway....blahblahblah. Excuses, excuses. College students like me are full of them. :( It doesn't sound like the girl from last semester who made the Dean's List. Reverend Hawking gave me the newspaper clipping with the announcement my mother put into the local paper. To be honest, it's a little embarrassing to know it was out there. I wonder if my formal classmates have seen it. I imagine arriving at work in the summer where a lot of them work and them congratulating me. HA! I can't really honestly picture that happening. I just hope they don't ignore me too much. It's not like I ended summer on a fabulous note because of everything that happened. But I hope for the best. :)
I'm actually looking forward to the summer. I loved working there last summer and can't wait to see how the kids have grown. <3
There I go thinking about the future again. Hello, Spring. Take your time, I can have the patience to wait for Summer. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment