Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Commercials For Good

I was innocently watching Skins on MTV out of boredom and curiosity when I came across a commercial. I didn't catch the whole thing...actually, I only caught the very end. Up on the screen were the words, "3,000 friends on Facebook and no one to talk to=?" Or something like that. I thought it was kind of ironic seeing I was just thinking about the Social Network, the movie, and it was a profound quote in my mind. I saw the website at the bottom of the page, halfofus.com...so easy to remember, and I typed it into my browser. I can't believe this is the first time I've heard of this website...it's all about the struggles of a college student, and I connected with it right away. I read/watched amazing clips on technology, eating disorders, cutting, depression, and stories from normal people and celebrities like Brittany Snow, Pete Wentz, and Mary J Blige. I never knew these iconic people could go through anything like this, and it encouraged me even more to go the Bible Talk, something that filled me with something, over French Club, which just made me feel even more empty. I've included the link here...maybe it'll help you, if you're in college, or a friend/family member.

I also found it kind of ironic how everyone kept on saying to go to a friend...no one ever mentioned anything about family.



Not even celebrities are perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment