Saturday, February 5, 2011

Thursday Nights

Remember in high school when Friday night was THE night to go out with friends? Well, in college, Thursday night is THE night to go out. Most college students try to get their schedules so they don't have classes on Fridays to have a 3-day weekend, which has obvious advantages. I didn't even know about the College Thursday nights until I arrived here and my roommates started talking about going out on Thursdays. Southern happens to be a bar school, as in you have to go out to clubs to have a good time rather than a lot of parties on campus. It's a big deal about going out for us girls, having to straighten our hair, have our makeup perfect, and create the perfect outfit. Here's a photo of the first time I went out:
It's a pretty awesome experience. A little nerve-wracking your first few times, but then it gets fun. The bad thing about it is that my room gets trashed, especially if more girls besides me and my roomies get ready in our room. Especially Friday night. Here's a picture of the obnoxiousity that happens to our room when four girls get ready:

Don't let this discourage you: going out is fun, even if you have to spend a part of the next day organizing and cleaning the mess. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment