Monday, February 21, 2011

Proper Church Attire

The thing that frustrates me the most about my brothers (the younger ones) and me is that they can do a lot more things than me and and get away with it. Isn't it so for all siblings, you say? It's not really true, we just choose to exaggerate? No, in my case it's true.

You can kind of see it here. This is Easter. I am dressed in the outfit my mother picked out for me even though I am eighteen. I do not like the shirt at all. It doesn't fit me right, and it feels uncomfortable because it's itchy. My brother Jared (the blond) is wearing a graphic t-shirt with a long sleeve buttondown that is not even BUTTONED! He thinks he's too good for Church or something, but I feel very strongly that people should follow a certain dress code when walking into the House of God. That means nice pants that you would feel dressed up wearing in school (or at least a little uncomfortable because they aren't easy to wear like jeans), and a top that has no words, symbols, or pictures on them. And NO sneakers. Jared breaks all of these rules basically every time we go to Church. I think the reason why I am even writing this is because I am mad at him for being completely disrespectful in Church yesterday. He was mumbling rude things during the hymns, slouching over, sighing, and talking back to Mom IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SERMON. I'm pretty sure the entire population of the Church noticed them bickering with me sitting in the middle.

Normally I love my brothers very much. This is why I had to include this extra picture of my little angels:

We're in Five Guys. That's why there's a straw.

No comments:

Post a Comment