Friday, February 11, 2011

Freaky Ducks

Southern Connecticut State University has a lovely campus. Too lovely in fact. It brings in wild animals that we college students have to deal with and avoid. Like these wild ducks that have been wandering the campus eating scraps certain lazy students drop on their way back from Conn Hall and then making messes we have to watch out for so we don't dirty our boots even more. These animals are annoying. So much so that I have taken the habit of glaring at them or calling them not nice names whenever I happen to pass by. And I don't know if it has come from my unpleasant gestures or someone else's or a combination, but these creatures are actually afraid of me! On my way back from the Lyman Center where I purchased a ticket for a fashion show tonight (Yay!), I happened to be passing these ducks/geese (Quiana and I had a debate on what they were. The winner is not yet clear), and the things looks at me with frightened eyes and as I get closer backs away from me! It was half amazing (the human emotion was there) half hilarious (a goose thingie afraid of me!). Now I must pick out the perfect outfit for tonight...I have a fashion show to attend!

It almost looks stuck up in this picture, with its neck all high and mighty.


On the sidewalk as a result of it walking in the snow. Pretty cool actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment