Wednesday, February 9, 2011

French Cultural But Non-Speaking?

I dropped French the other day. I couldn't deal with not understanding the professor. The weird part is that last semester Banack didn't speak a word of English. Ever. Even when a student saw him at the gas station, Banack insisted upon speaking French. This professor, the one that I just had, mixed English and French together...but it was almost harder to understand...wait, no, it WAS harder to understand than Banack. And here I am, a French class dropper (or something) and I also happen to be the vice president of the French Club. I still can speak the same amount of French as last semester, I think, but I can never improve, unless I self-teach...and who has time to do that in college? But I still do like the culture, so I'm using that as my reason of not dropping French Club. Also, I think I would let a lot of people down, and I don't want that. Last semester the club went out to a fancy restaurant which served French food, and we really had a wonderful conversation. It was great. I don't want to give opportunities like these special times up for some more free time. So basically I am a french cultural enthus/non-speaking. Yay for me. Not.
Sorry for the lame photo...I couldn't think of anything better at this early hour. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment