Friday, June 3, 2011

All Dressed Up And Nowhere to Go

At around 2:00 pm, I called Kristin to ask if she wanted to go shopping with me. And she said she had to wait for her dad to come home, which would be around 3:30 pm. We hung up around 2:30 pm...we would have so much time to talk at Kohls...I cleaned the bathroom and living room to make my mom happy...if I was out, that meant I had little time at home to actually clean. So I put the feather duster down and turned the music up...and picked out a shirt/skirt combo I thought appropriate for shopping and the chilly weather. I even brushed my hair and put on makeup...who knows who I would run into?! And it's my basic principle to look good whenever I go out anywhere. Well 3:30 passes. Then 3:45. Then 4:00. It's 4:10 and I finally call her. She says her father came and went quickly, and she didn't get a chance to ask him. I was offended she didn't think to call me and report this. Then she said her mother just walked in and she could ask her. I heard the phone drop on a hard surface, and imagined her running downstairs to her mother. She comes back and reports her parents made plans for the family to go out tonight, so she couldn't come. I was furious. I got all excited, planning what I would buy and the possibilities of who I could run into...and she can't come! And now I have to face my parents and tell them I only cleaned the bathroom and living room and I've been sitting around all day listening to music and playing dress-up. :(
Not that I used lipstick...at all...more like eyeshadow and lip gloss. But it was a cool image.

No comments:

Post a Comment