Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Opinion

Here is a Facebook post I just found, and I want to shed some light for her and everyone else that might think it is true.

"i've said it before, and i will say it again! beauty is in the eyes of the beholder NOT in the eyes of vogue, cosmo, or seventeen magazine! just proudly embrace who YOU are & don't compare yourself to the computer edited, spray-tanned, "beautiful" models. they may be beautiful but you gotta accept that you are too! once you see yourself as beautiful, others will too cause confidence is what makes a girl sexy. ♥"

 Here is the latest Seventeen. Look at Lucy: she's the girl next door. She wasn't born into Hollywood, she worked hard to get there! She makes thick eyebrows look cool, and she inspires young girls to look at her and think, "I can become her!" They might save up their allowance, go to the store, and purchase a pair of feather earrings and only wear one on one ear, step outside the norm, because Lucy made it okay to do that. Or, if the girl is brave enough, she'll buy something totally new and original, and rock that  look. Seventeen makes it possible for normal girls to look at their cover and be more than they already are because any girl can always be more. 
Vogue. The ultimate fashion magazine...the most famous and the most elite. And here's a normal looking woman on their cover! And being on the cover of Vogue is any model's dream! She worked hard to get there...there have been women that have auditioned for Top Model and have been turned away because all they are is trust fund babies with no personality. Vogue has the power to inspire people everywhere to attend a "Colour Fiesta" and wear something that is colorful, fresh, and Vogue elite. Vogue says that fashion isn't just about the clothes, it's how you wear them, treat them, and represent them. You can be whoever who want to be, it doesn't matter, and there are plenty of clothes to go with it. 


I don't really know Cosmo that well, but I remember I used to sit in the library waiting for my dad to pick me up and read Cosmo. And it was fun to read about the celebrities and things I couldn't ask my parents about in the sex ed section. These magazines aren't just about clothes, they represent what it means to be a young women, whether it means struggling to get through high school or trying to jump start your career. These magazines don't tell you what beauty is, they inspire everyone to create their own beauty! Where do you think designers get the inspiration to create the perfect dress? Nature. People. Life! 


So, I didn't think it was fair to leave Cosmo out...these are the ones I used to read when I was younger. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment