Sunday, June 5, 2011

Playing the Counselor Role

Last night was pretty enjoyable. My family and I went to go visit a family friend at Nelson's, a campground in the next town over. I actually used to go camping there all the time with Girl Scouts, but my family had visited Karen before. Of course, Karen's family was there as well, along with a few of their friends, so it was like a mini party. No alcohol for the under-21s, though, ha. Not that I minded. At all. With all those families, there was a handful of children running around, and I took it upon myself to take on the counselor role. I didn't mind in the slightest. It was actually fun. Having kids listen to me, feel like I'm making a difference in their lives, and have their approval almost instantly. Kids are so fun and innocent that way: I love it. It also made me think of my future kids, and how much I love the name Nate. It would say Nathan on his birth certificate, but everyone would call him Nate. I have never met a Nate that was not adorable, and they all seem to be fun. The Nate I met at the campsite was both adorable and fun; in my opinion, he was the cutest one there. And we seemed to hit it off. According to behindthename.com, Nathan means "he gave" in Hebrew, and it was the name of the son of King David in the Bible. Which is cool. I always kinda pictured all my children having Biblical names.
Playing the counselor role also made me realize how much I want the beginning of camp here. Sure, the end of camp was horrendous, but overall I loved my job. I wonder what's going to happen at C Court this year; it is a different location than last year...I'm not familiar with the children or routine of the camp so I'll have to adjust quickly. I'm not too worried about it, though. It just needs to get here!!



Some examples of some cute Nathans...<3

No comments:

Post a Comment