Friday, June 17, 2011

Video Games

People have to learn to get their priorities right, but video games, especially the good kind, might not necessarily be bad. What do I mean by good? Well, no violence. Violent video games are proven to be a negative impact, especially on youth. But what about games like bejeweled? Games that have puzzles that causes people of all ages to either act quickly in order to achieve the maximum number of points or have multiple steps that get the brain juices flowing. Yes, I said brain juices. Hopefully you aren't eating while you read this. Both my brothers have problems when it comes to technology and getting their homework done. With Jared, the problem is television. He already has to get up extra early to catch a bus to the Hartford Academy, but he decides to wake up even earlier...just to watch an extra half hour of TV! Not even I'm that bad...I need my sleep. With Luke, the problem is video games. He could sit there for hours traveling around on the big, brown horse shooting down zombies. He even goes online to look up shortcuts so he can beat his games and head to Game Stop to trade his games in and get MORE games. I'm pretty sure he has played more video games than his three other siblings combined. I'm pretty sure I've played the least...but I've probably watched the most television series. Yes, even more than the TV King. It's not that he has a lot of shows...the main ones are Family Guy and South Park. But I watch basically everything from 90210 to Master Chef. I don't know what it is, but I like reality TV. I know most people hate it, but I can't understand their loathing. Anyways, I'm also really into movies, but I don't think as much as TV since there are so many movies I haven't seen. Now, back to the point: in moderation (because too much of anything could be harmful), video games could actually be a good thing. (Hopefully Luke never reads this). :)


No comments:

Post a Comment