Wednesday, June 22, 2011

To Grandmother's House We Go

I'll be at Mimi's from tonight to tomorrow night. I'm hoping for a weather miracle with no thunder and no lightning so we'll be able to swim. My brother and I that is. Before we go, my family and I are going to a cookout to celebrate Luke getting First Class in Boy Scouts. I'm not sure what this is, but it sounds impressive. I really hope he sticks with it all the way to Eagle. It's important to me because I never got my Gold Award with Girl Scouts. I'm looking forward to being at Mimi's house even if it was a hassle getting us there. Plus, I'm only there for one day while Luke is there for two. Adam is picking me up Thursday night because Friday morning I have job training. I hope I can find my mini umbrella because it's supposed to rain and Mom is dropping me off an hour early because that's when her work starts and I don't have any other ride. I tried to get Adam to pick me up and drop me off Friday morning, but it was too much for me. I remember I was talking to someone about getting a job in order to get my license, and they said, "Yeah, they'll WANT you to get your license from driving you everywhere because of your work." Well, she had to do this last summer, and so far no support. She always brings it up in conversation like she expects me to take care of it all on my own, and believe me, I'm trying. I even packed my driving manual so I can review it while I'm at Mimi's. I thought I would have my written done with by now because of the support I got from Adam and Rachel, but so far nothing has pulled through. I'm hoping things will fall into place once I start working again. Work always gives me focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment