Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dan

I'd like to think when I was in foster care 2  years of my life, I was not as ungrateful, negative, and lifeless as Dan is. As I think back on it, I think I behaved so well because I believed if I was good enough I could go back to living with my mom and brother. I didn't really understand where my brother was at the time. He just seemed to be floating in a cloud somewhere and would reappear when we had visits. I didn't realize he was starting a whole new life. I wonder if that's what Dan's younger siblings are feeling right now. All I know is that he has a girlfriend who he talks to constantly on his cellphone with (how he has a girlfriend is a mystery to me), he has a critical sense of humor, and he treats my little brothers like they're dog food. It might not seem to be true at times, but my little brothers, all my brothers in fact, mean the world to me. I want nothing more than to see them succeed in life. I have big dreams for all of them. To see this kid, Dan, who my parents decided to take in and give him food, shelter, and guidance (nothing but nice things), treat my little brothers this way makes me want to punch Dan in his nose. Straight into his nose.
Dan has to go to Cromwell for his schooling (he stayed there during the process of him finding a home). So while he's still in school and staying with us, he has about a 20 minute commute from our house to the "school." He could have been stuck going to a home in say New Haven where it takes about 40 minutes to get to Cromwell. He should be grateful. As I said, I acted pretty well for a lost girl who had her life taken from her. Maybe it's because he's 17 and has not had the chance to have regular values instilled in him. I don't know. All I know is this guy is irking me to no end, and I'm filled with joy about the fact he's not going to ruin Easter for me and my family.
I can't even look into his eyes now that I know about his past. At least my dad told me the other day my mom and dad's plan does not include adopting him. For one, I can't imagine having another brother. And for another, I can't imagine ever having HIM as another brother. This might sound mean, but it's just the way I feel. And no one can change that.


Dan's father. (Not really). 

No comments:

Post a Comment