Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Makedown

When I am visiting other girl's rooms (or using their TV), I often go through the things left on their desks. A lot of the times I usually find new books to read. This is exactly what happened when I visited Angelica and Chenae's room to watch Glee and 16 and Pregnant. I found a book called (you guessed it), "The Makedown." It's about a young woman who grew up overweight and nerdy but moved to New York to change herself. She met a woman, who happened to be her boss, who helped her to lose the weight, treat her acne, wax off some unwanted facial hair, and get a social life. In the point I am at now, the main character, Anna, has not yet met the guy described at the back of the book who receives the makedown. However, she has dated a  few people. When she does date her dream guy, she apparently wants to protect him (but mostly herself) from him meeting other women who would steal him away. Since he is that good looking. So she prepares a makedown including some nostril hair, beard, odor, bags under his eyes, and back fat, just to name a few. I can't wait for her to meet Mr. Wonderful and for the makedown to commence! The description says it will create some unexpected drama and laughter...sounds good to me! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment