Wednesday, April 13, 2011

There Go Them Birds

Currently it is 12:57 in the morning and I have a lot to do. Like start writing my research paper due in two days. Like write my askphilosopher.org papers (two). Like finish my live event piece for Kovner. But I don't feel like doing any of that. I just feel irritated. I blame it on PMS. Sorry to get so graphic, but I really don't care at this point. And those silly birds are still chirping away outside my window...it's mad annoying.
But the night in general wasn't all bad. I had to go to dinner by myself because Kara was in class, Caitlin already ate and forgot to invite me, and Morgs never answered my text. But it was fine. I treated myself to some vanilla cake with thick vanilla frosting. Plus three cookies. But I've been sprinting lately so I didn't feel that guilty.
I proceeded to walk back to my dorm and watch the Disney Channel and Nickelodeon for about an hour before setting off to Open Mic Night. It was fun because both Kara and Jourdan, a girl from the People to People Club, were there so I didn't have to be alone again at another Crescent Players event. And the Crescent Players seemed pretty happy to see me too. (But they are actors). Everyone was in high energy mode, so it made me feel happy. Happy enough to start typing notes into my cell to use to write a live event story. Some things made me angry like this guy telling cruel baby jokes and another guy telling a sickening joke about a Hillbilly. They weren't funny at all. Plus one of them dropped the microphone on the floor with a big clang: no respect for the equipment.
On top of all that, at about 9:00 pm both Kara and Jourdan decided to leave early. Kara said she needed to "study" and Jourdan said she was too tired. Wow. But then Matt did an amazing performance with his guitar and a song that he wrote himself that actually WAS funny. Lol, and then I had to run in the rain...I took my sweatshirt off and had on kind of a skimpy tank top and this guy just stared at me. I proceeded to run away from him into the rain. :) I ran all the way to Conn Hall, rested for about 30 seconds, and then ran to my dorm. One girl was like, "You better run, girl!" It actually kind of made me laugh. Then I had to knock on my hall's door because I forgot my hoot loot in my room. It's alright though: the run gave me energy... unfortunately, it kind of turned into negative energy because I've been cranky for the rest of the night. And Desiree has definitely noticed. Luckily, she's cool enough to understand.
Everyone is making their schedules for next semester. My JRN 210 class decided to disappear, along with 270, but then they kept on popping up, too, so maybe...I'll just have to wait til registration gets closer...I'm not sure what to do if I'm stuck without either of them. I guess I can take a history class, but I wanted to save that for Middlesex...which reminds me that me and my mom have to have a conversation about money, jobs, and Middlesex.
I'm gonna call it a night...I hope this crabbiness wears off come the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment