Monday, January 17, 2011

Another Day, Another Promise Broken

Well, that's the end of that. What has it been, two days? Shucks. But at least I have an excuse: two, actually; on Saturday I was way busy, with a fashion crisis, and a family drama. Sunday? I was religiously distressed and I went to the movies (my Dad's treat...he got movies passes for his birthday). One thing to say: (well, two) The Green Hornet is an amazing movie, and Seth Rogan (is that not how you spell it?) is a sexy beast and a sick nasty superhero. He totally killed it, and a bunch of other guys in the movie. But it wasn't really an action movie, more comedy...I think action movies are boring. Like Transformers. I literally could not wait for that movie to be over. Now, onto my fashion crisis: my mother has informed me that sometimes I dress like a "whore" and people will think I'm a "slut" and "easy." Especially boys, I think she was getting at. In my defense, I said with an edge, "Well, people shouldn't JUDGE ME by what I WEAR." In response, she said with a calm voice, "But people do." And she moved on to say she obviously didn't teach me that and now she was like she was some failed parent or something. Well, whatever. When I texted my friends about it, they both laughed (or at least typed versions of "lol" or "haha") and said they disagreed. Looking back, I do think it's a little inappropriate to wear shorts, stockings, and knee socks when I'm visiting my grandfather but I think I would have realized this eventually as I stared in the mirror. And she took it a little too far with the "whore" dressing...as if I attract a bunch of horny men...I don't attract any men at all...unless you count my one serious boyfriend, those few flings, and that one cute boy in the dining room. Which I guess, yeah, they deserve to be counted, but those were all years ago, before I started dressing like a "whore." Anyways, I apologize for not checking in every day, but I'll be more frequent, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment