Saturday, January 22, 2011

Packing for College



Right now I'm packing for college. I have a lot of stuff already there since I'm not switching rooms, but it's still really hard! I even went to Southern's website to see if there was a list I could refer to. There was, but it's the most unhelpful packing list I've ever used!
Here it is below: the ones crossed out are the ones I already have at school or do not own. Remaining? About six items, most of which are a nobrainer...I hate this! I always get stressed when I'm packing, and I always think I'm going to forget something (because I usually do). The worst I've ever forgotten? My cell phone charger. Dad had to bring it next time he was delivering water. Oh, well, better get back to packing. :(

WHAT TO BRING 
The following items are allowed within the residence halls, so feel free to bring them! Our advice is to talk to your roommate(s) first, so you can work out who will bring what to the room.
·         Pillows
·         Sheets
·         Blankets/comforters
·         Detergent
·         Clothes rack
·         Laundry bag
·         Alarm clock
·         Desk lamp
·         Hangers
·         Touch tone phone
·         Desk supplies (scissors, tape, pens etc..)
·         Radio
·         TV with cable wire
·         VCR or DVD player
·         Bookcase
·         Computer
·         Rugs
·         Bath and face soap
·         Soap holder
·         Toothbrush
·         Toothbrush holder
·         Shampoo and conditioner
·         Medical supplies (aspirin, band-aids, etc..)
·         Shaving supplies
·         Mop and pail
·         Sponge and broom
·         Powerstrips with surge protectors

No comments:

Post a Comment