Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Crusade for Christ

http://southernct.edu/clubs/crusade/home.htmlI know this blog is supposed to mainly focus on fashion, but the name of this blog IS "A Diverse Girl With Diverse Goals." What we're all about here is including all there is to know about me and my life as a poor college student reaching for the stars, and that includes my religious side. For I am diverse. First of all, sorry for that major depressing blog post 20 hours previously. Hearing about my Poppi really messed me up and then I started another Sarah Dessen book, "Someone Like You," and in the opening line it spoke about death. Even today I keep chanting/singing over and over again the last/second to last (I'm not sure, I'm pretty sure second to last because I ended with Jars of Clay) song I included on my Dad's birthday CD playlist. I even posted it as my Facebook status. I also posted the last blog post to my profile: it's titled, "In Mourning" so I figured a lot of my friends would read it or even my mom or possibly brothers. Altogether, one friend messaged me about it, saying she was sorry about my Poppi. Actually, I messaged her first to say I'm going to join the religious group on campus, and she followed up with her sorry, but I'm pretty confident she was about to message me anyway. I told her she was free to read the other blog posts, but I'm not sure if she took me up on that offer. I do tend to write a lot. Possibly more people read it, but for now, it's unclear. My friend Michelle did say she would keep up with it, but who knows if that's true anymore. Anyway, yesterday I made the decision to join the religious group on campus, CRU: Crusade for Christ. First, the name kind of threw me: I didn't want to be joining some group that ran around shouting about Christ and passing out flyers like some Jehovah's Witnesses or the Jewish group that keeps on asking me if I'm Jewish. After I read their little blurb online, however, they say they are nondenominational, so they aren't some freaky Catholic group (I don't know why, Catholics sometimes scare me), their goal is to make people's relationship with God stronger (which is exactly what I need), and when I saw a picture of them all in Fireplace lounge, they were all snuggled up as a group, all happy and cheerful which means this could be an opportunity to make more friends. A few weeks ago, I made my status, "If you would listen to my babbling if I called you at 2 am, like my status." Well, all of two people liked my status. While I am grateful to those two people, it made me kind of sad to know I didn't have a ton of loyal friends. Loyalty is the greatest quality anyone could ask for in a friend. Even if they aren't always honest or kind, as long as they have YOUR back, everything should work out. That makes them generous, forgiving, and down for anything (within reason) you want to pursue. Maybe next semester I'll gain a heap load of friends who are supportive and kind and loyal so when I sign in online, I'll have my choice of people to talk to.

http://southernct.edu/clubs/crusade/home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment